7/02/2013

Week 21 Bump Update!

I really wanted to get my updates started by 20 weeks since that was a good, round number, and exactly half way through the entire pregnancy. I'm currently 21 weeks and 4 days pregnant, but it has been a huge struggle to use internet, so I'm just glad to be getting something up!

How far along? 21 weeks
Total weight gain: I'm about 11-12 lbs. up from my normal, non-pregnancy weight, so that's what I'm counting. I'm 9-10 lbs. up from my actual weight at the start of pregnancy. I started this pregnancy already up 2 lbs. from my normal weight.
Maternity clothes? Some. I would be in them more if I owned more, but I'm waiting a few weeks to place an order. I can hardly wait!
Stretch marks? Nope. I use cocoa butter lotion a lot, but not just because of pregnancy. It is the same that I use normally. I had no stretch marks with my first pregnancy, so I'm hoping for the best!
Sleep: I still sleep comfortably on my back and side, and it's still comfortable. I get up a few times to use the bathroom, and at about 3:30 or 4:00 to let the cat out. A few nights recently, I've been up for about an hour around that time, just not being able to get back to sleep. Occasionally I'm quite nauseous when I wake, but usually too lazy to get up and eat something. Last night I finally got up and ate a banana, and that seemed to help.
Best moment this week: Feeling the baby move! Technically, the first time I felt it was closer to 2 weeks ago, but it was just one little poke, and I didn't feel much after that until this week. I've been feeling movement more and more. I love it! It is so reassuring to feel the little guy move around inside of me! I feel it most while eating, or just after eating. Especially if I eat something sweet.
Miss anything? Nothing that I can think of right now.
Movement: Many times it's like little bubbles popping inside my belly. The movements get stronger every day. A few days I have felt multiple pokes, and that's the best! I had Matthew put his hand on my belly last night so he could feel it for the first time too. He was out of town when I started feeling movement during my last pregnancy.
Anything making you queasy or sick: When I've been outside in the super hot temps. It's been much cooler and milder lately.
Gender: Don't know yet ;)
Labour signs: No!
Symptoms: Still a little nauseous at certain times. I'm tired, but not extremely so. I'll nap a couple of times a week. Last week I had a few days of upset stomach.
Belly button in or out? Out! Since about week 8!
Wedding rings on or off? On.
Happy or moody most of the time: Most of the time, happy :)
Looking forward to: My 20 week appointment tomorrow! Although I guess it will be a 21 week appointment for me.

These photos were actually taken last Sunday, at 20 weeks, 2 days. I feel like the camera does not actually do justice to how big the bump is. I definitely think that I "popped" between weeks 19 and 20!





No comments:

Post a Comment