7/12/2013

22 Week Bump Update!

How far along? 22 weeks and 6 days! (so, yes, I sneaked this post in before hitting 23 tomorrow!)
Total weight gain/measurements: about a pound this week, so that make 13 lbs. total.
Maternity clothes: I have one pair of capris that are technically maternity. Other than that I've been making the old stuff work, especially a few pairs of shorts I bought just after Dinah's birth, so that have a little more room ;)
Stretch marks? None that I have found :)
Sleep: Not great. The nights I woke 2-3 times to use the restroom were the good nights! For about a week I was fighting some kind of infection which made my ear ache and lymph nodes sore, and took a toll on sleep. Then Matthew got sick and was up throwing up. Then two days later, I was up till 3 am throwing up! Last night I finally got a really good night's sleep! Ahhh :)
Best moment this week: Feeling more and more kicking. And finally, getting over sickness!
Miss anything? Being able to enjoy the sun and heat. It normally doesn't bother me at all. Now, I can stand it for a little while, but then it makes me feel a little nauseous.
Movement: More and more. Like I said, I really enjoy it because it's a constant reminder that the little guy is in there. It's easy to forget when things get busy!
Food cravings: I was craving sweets after I got over being sick.
Anything making you queasy or sick? Sometimes I feel a little queasy if I eat sweets after a meal. Also the extreme heat.
Gender: Still don't know :) I went for an appointment last week, but the doctor was out on a delivery. I rescheduled for this week, but then cancelled due to being sick. Next week I am out of town, so ... we'll see.
Labour signs: Nope! Oh, although I have started having the Braxton Hick's contractions. I started having them early with Dinah too, about 23 weeks. It's a good sign - makes for a healthy and toned uterus :)
Symptoms: My skin has been very itchy for a while now. I try and put lotion on a lot, but I think the slow stretching of the skin must override that! I've been nesting too. Cleaning and organizing and throwing a ton of things out, to make our tiny little space clean and enjoyable. I've done a ton of work and feel so much better already! This is funny because we probably won't even be living in this house once the baby is born!
Belly button in or out? Out.
Wedding rings on or off? On.
Happy or moody most of the time: Happy (except when sick!)
Looking forward to: Taking a trip next week to visit my parents and sisters, and also getting to meet with a doula while I am up there. Hopefully she will be able to give us other resources for birthing in that area!

*No pictures this week. I've been bad at remembering to do that!

No comments:

Post a Comment