10/21/2010

A New Season

Mid-October marks a new season for us.

We are "officially" done with summer work and "officially back" in the mid-size city.

I "officially" started teaching last week. Which basically just means that I transferred my moves from my own home back into the studio.

 
Teaching 7 classes a week. The first week I was still planning, organizing, and getting everything together. This week I think I'm getting into a little more of a groove (no pun intended). 
Still, I'm a bit tired. 
7 classes is...enough for me!

This season's line up: Dance Conditioning, Pilates, and Ballet

Also on the schedule this season - weddings!






This one was about an hour away. A friend of my husband from college, they were in campus ministry together. They now attend our "sister church" in their town. It was fun to see a lot of friends we don't often get to see, and celebrate the marriage of this beautiful couple! The wedding ceremony was delightful, despite it being a very blustery day on the 7th floor terrace of this hotel! Fun fact - the pastor who married them was the same one who married us *almost* 3 years ago :)

And last, but definitely not least...

THIS!




It hardly needs explaining, right? 
GARAGE CLEAN OUT!!! 

A few years ago, we transformed the garage into a laundry room. Before that, the washer and dryer had been in our downstairs apartment, which meant that tenants had to come down to do their laundry. After we got married and I moved in, we decided (thank you!) to move it up.

So my husband and his cousin - who does professional drywall work - put up a wall in the garage making half of it a laundry room and half storage. Until now, the storage part was piled front to back, floor to ceiling. My husband decided (yay!) it was time to go through it. Since then, this back yard extravaganza has decreased by about 70%. The trellis/ gazebo thing barely visible on the left hand side is nearly completely torn down!

There's a lot going on...

Stay tuned!

2 comments:

  1. That first picture of you reminds me of the Lemony Snicket portraits at the end of those books because it never shows his face.

    ReplyDelete